Home » U.S. Immigration News » Passport » U.S. Green Card Holders can Apply for U.S. Citizenship and obtain a U.S. Passport

U.S. Green Card Holders can Apply for U.S. Citizenship and obtain a U.S. Passport

posted in: Passport 0

passport usHow and under what circumstances can you get a United States passport? What are the advantages of a U.S. passport? For how many years is a U.S. passport issued ?

What is a passport? Passport is an identity, as well as the main proof of citizenship. U.S. passport is issued only to U.S. citizens and has many benefits and advantages, for example you can travel to most countries of the world and you do not need a visa. As a citizen of the United States, you have the right to leave and return to the country when it is necessary and without any additional permits. U.S. passports are valid for 10 years for adults and for 5 years for minors under age 16.

What terms and conditions of getting a U.S. passport? You can get a U.S. Passport only after obtaining U.S. citizenship. And in order to obtain citizenship, you must: be a permanent resident of the United States, the Green Card owner for at least 3 years; be at least 18 years, because only adult citizens have the right to receive a Green Card, respectively, and citizenship; reside in the U.S. for at least 1.5 years. There are also other ways of obtaining U.S. citizenship, such as through marriage to a U.S. citizen (the main requirement is to be married to a U.S. citizen all 3 years before the application), or through the parents

Once applicants receive U.S. citizenship, they are entitled to get a U.S. passport. Application for a U.S. passport can be submitted in the passport office or agency. If you are abroad, the application for a U.S. passport may be submitted in the consulate or embassy of the United States abroad. In addition to applying for a passport, you can also apply to renew the passport if it has been expired, lost or stolen.

To read more information about the process of obtaining U.S. citizenship and U.S. passport, visit http://www.usimmigrationapplication.org/citizenship/citizenship-green-card-holders and http://www.usimmigrationapplication.org/us-passport/us-passport-application