|Instructions in Spanish||Instructions in Russian|
H-2B Work Visa
Overview of the Application Process for a H-2B Work Visa
|Procedure Name:||H-2B Work Visa for skilled and non-skilled workers.|
|Purpose:||The H-2B work visa was created to allow people to come to the United States temporarily, mainly for non-agricultural jobs for which there are not enough workers in the US..|
|Eligible Applicants:||The professional workers on specialized careers.|
|Additional Information:||No more than 66,000 H-2B visas are issued annually. The annual quota has not yet been exceeded and potential applicants can expect H-2B visas to remain readily available going forward.|
|How to apply:||Order this guide to learn more details about the application process and to learn how to start H-2B Work Visa application.|
Overview of the H-2B Work Visa Application Process
The H-2B visa allows you to come to the US and work for up to 3 years if you meet certain requirements. Applicants must be fully aware of these requirements and understand that the H-2B visa has certain limitations. This visa contains the necessary information to allow you to submit your own application.
Eligibility Requirements: You are eligible for an H-2B visa if you are coming to the United States to take a temporary, non-agricultural job with a US employer. If you have the relevant experience, skills, or natural ability required by the employer, you can request it. H-2B visas are for skilled and unskilled workers. Please note that the H-2B visa should not be confused with the H-1B visa for college educated workers. Citizens of Canada and Mexico are also eligible for a TN Nafta work visa.
- You can legally work in the US for your H-2B visa sponsor.
- You can enter and exit the United States before your visa expires.
- Relatives may accompany you to the US.
- The visa only allows you to work for your sponsor.
- Initially, the visa expires after one year. You must apply for an extension if you wish to continue working in the US.
- Although relatives may live in the US, they cannot work.
- You must prove that there is no other qualified American suitable for the job you have accepted.
Answers to questions that you will find in the information guide and instructions package:
- Description of the H-2B work visa
- H-2B Visa Requirements Information
- How to get a temporary employment certificate
- Access to H-2B work visa forms
- Instructions for Accessing and Completing H-2B Work Visa Forms
- How to prepare an application for an H-2B visa
- H-2B Visa Extension Information
- Applying for a Green Card Based on H-2B Status
- Frequently Asked Questions About the H-2B Work Visa
- List of required documents
- List of US embassies and consulates
- National list of USCIS immigration offices in the United States
- List of US Embassies and Consulates Abroad
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the government, we are a private publisher of information guides. This product only includes instructions, it does not include filing fees, or any other charges to submit your application.