|Instructions in Spanish
|Instructions in Russian
ESTA Travel Authorization
Overview of the Application Process for Esta Travel Authorization
|Esta Travel Authorization
|Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows certain travelers to visit the United States without a visa.
|This program is only available for the non-U.S. citizens of certain countries including most European countries, Australia and some additional countries.
|Esta Travel Authorization is valid for up to 2 years and also valid for multiple entries. However, if you got a new passport, or changed name and surname in the passport, sex or nationality, before traveling to the United States you must obtain a new ESTA permit.
|How to Apply:
|Order this guide to learn more details about the application process and to learn how to start Esta Travel Authorization application.
What countries participate in the ESTA Program?
ESTA or Electronic System for Travel Authorization is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows certain travelers to visit the United States without a visa. This program is only available for the citizens of certain countries including most European countries, Australia and some additional countries. It is necessary to know that today only 38 countries can participate in the VWP. They are: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and United Kingdom.
It is necessary to know that all eligible international travelers who want to travel to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program have to apply for permission – ESTA. The ESTA application collects biographic information and answers to VWP eligibility questions, it may be submitted at any time prior to travel, though it is recommended that travelers apply as soon as they begin preparing travel plans or prior to purchasing airline tickets. Visitors may stay for 90 days in the United States which also includes the time spent in Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the islands in the Caribbean if the arrival was through the United States.
It is important to know that ESTA is only required if arriving by air or cruise ship. It is not required if arriving on a ferry between British Columbia (Vancouver and Victoria) and Washington State. VWP does not apply if a passenger is not arriving on an approved air or sea carrier.
Requirements for applying for ESTA
If you decided to apply for ESTA, there will be some requirements you have to follow.
- you should be a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country;
- you can not have a visitor visa;
- your travel must be 90 days or less and the purpose of your travel is business or tourism. You should remember that the ESTA travel authorization generally is valid for up to two years and also valid for multiple entries.
If you decided to apply for ESTA, you need to have a valid passport from a Visa Waiver Program country, a valid credit card and contact information. After submitting the application, you can do one of the following tasks: check ESTA Status, review completed application, update unpaid or approved application, submit payment (within 7 days of applying) or view payment receipt.
This page can be found on: https://www.usimmigrationapplication.org/visas/esta
Information and Instructions about ESTA Travel Authorization included in this immigration guide:
- Is it true that some nationalities do not need a visa to travel to the U.S.?
- Do I need to register or apply before going to the U.S.?
- General rules of ESTA Travel Authorization while traveling to the United States.
- Which countries participate in the ESTA Travel Authorization?
- How long can I be in the United States with ESTA?
- Can I extend my stay in the U.S. with ESTA?
- Requirements for passport and tourists when visiting the U.S. with ESTA Travel Authorization.
- Advantages when traveling with ESTA and advantages of obtaining a tourist visa in the U.S.?
- Can I enter the U.S. with ESTA and marry a U.S. citizen?
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the government, we are a private publisher of information guides. This product only includes instructions, it does not include filing fees, or any other charges to submit your application.