Home » U.S. Immigration News » Visa » U.S. Education for Russian Students

U.S. Education for Russian Students

posted in: Visa 0

university of californiaAmerican education is considered to be one of the most prestigious in the world. Every year thousands of foreign students come to the U.S. to enroll and study at American colleges and universities. An American University diploma gives high chances for employment in the U.S. and European countries.

Russian higher education is good, but not every institution of higher education issues certificates that are accepted abroad, and especially in the United States.Therefore, a lot of young people travel to Europe and the U.S. in order to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree, and then, perhaps, to stay and live and work abroad.

While choosing a higher education institution in the United States, children and their parents can encounter a number of questions, such as for example: “What are the most prestigious universities?”, “How much will it cost?” “On what specialty to apply?”, “What are the terms and conditions to be accepted to an American university? “,” What kind of visa is required to travel to the U.S. for education? “, etc.

Student Visas F-1 and M-1 allow foreigners to be in the United States for the purpose of education or training. It is important to read and understand all the requirements to apply for a student visa. You need to know how to choose the educational institution in the United States, as well as how to schedule an appointment and to apply for a visa, to fill the form and petition to obtain F-1 student visa. The M-1 is also a student visa for certain types of studies. If you plan to engage in non-academic or vocational study or training at a U.S. institution then you need an M-1 visa.

The most popular specialties among Russian students are considered to be technical professions, IT-technology, management, marketing, as well as sociology, political science and art. Depending on what specialty you want to study, you need to choose a college or university. Each institution has its own specific field of study and targeted to a specific profile. Therefore, the majority of students who specialize in IT go to California, where there is Google and Apple’s company. For humanists and economists the education institutions are concentrated in New York and Florida. Political scientists prefer to be closer to Washington.

In order to be enrolled in the selected university, applicants must provide the necessary documentation.

It is also important to know that if a student does not possess sufficient level of English, he/she may take preparatory language courses, which are in most high schools before the start of the academic program.

When enrolling in a bachelor or magistracy, applicants need to provide the following documentation:

1) school certificate or diploma (with grades);

2) photocopy of the first page of the passport;

3) IELTS or TOEFL certificate with the required points;

4) bank certificate with the amount of money sufficient to cover a period of one year of tuition and living (in different institutions this amount varies);

5) an essay about yourself and your academic interests or CV;

6) academic record from the university (list of passed subjects with grades);

7) the recommendation letters from teacher / director / head teacher / dean, and, if the student is already working, from employer.

Russian applicants should know that they have to pay themselves for accommodation and flights.

To learn more about the requirements and the necessary documentation for an F-1 student visa, visit our website http://www.usimmigrationapplication.org/visas/f1-student-visa or order Information Guide and the package instructions F-1 Student Visa in order to find out more information about how to apply for a F-1 visa to study in the USA, and the answer to visa questions including how to access official visa application forms, application filing fees, passport requirements, general information, U.S. consulates information, and official application information.