Home » U.S. Immigration News » Green Card » Expectation of Successful Petition

Expectation of Successful Petition

posted in: Green Card 0

What kind of relatives can expect a successful petition and what kind of documents you have to prepare?

The option of moving to the United States for family ties is one of the most reliable, waiting times for relatives abroad can reach several years.

1. Reunification of U.S. citizens and Green Card holders with spouses. Form I-130 is enclosed with:

  • Two completed forms of the G-325A (one for you, the second for your husband / wife);
  • copy of marriage certificate;
  • evidence that all marriages in which you and your husband / wife have ever been consigned have been terminated (divorce, death of one of the spouses etc.);
  • Passport format photos;
  • Documents confirming the change of name, if ever there was in relation to you, or the spouse;
  • Documents confirming the status of a U.S. citizen (or a copy of a green card for green card holders).Handshake With America

2. Reunification of U.S. citizens with children:

The following documents are attached to Form I-130:

-a copy of the child’s birth certificate;

  • biological father:

-a copy of the child’s birth certificate

-a copy of the marriage certificate with the biological mother of a U.S. citizen

-if you are no longer married to the biological mother of the U.S. citizen, you must provide proof of this: a certificate of divorce, the death of the spouse or the recognition of the marriage as invalid

-if you were not married to the biological mother of the U.S. citizen until the child turned 18, you must provide

(a) If the legislation of the country where the biological mother of a U.S. citizen resides, recognizes the child as legitimate, then there is no need to provide anything

(b) Otherwise, you need to provide evidence that there is between you and the child existed or there was a paternal-son relationship before the child turned 21 or before he married. These proofs include evidence of mutual emotional attachment, as well as evidence that you were financially involved in the life of the child (spent money on him).

3. Reunion of U.S. citizens with parents

Form I-130 is accompanied by:

  • A copy of the Birth Certificate;
  • Documents confirming the U.S. citizenship of the applicant;
  • In the event that a U.S. citizen who is reunited with his father was born out of wedlock, then it is necessary to provide evidence of the emotional and financial relationship between the citizen and his father before the citizen reaches the age of majority or before the marriage.

4. Reunification of U.S. citizens with brothers and sisters

Form I-130 is accompanied by:

  • Documents confirming the U.S. citizenship of the applicant
  • A copy of the birth certificate showing that the U.S. citizen and the person he is reunited with, have at least one common parent.

Consider for example:
You can apply for your: mother, father, spouse, child and these applications will be considered immediately first of all, but separately you will apply petition for your: brother, sister, stepchild and these processes are more laborious and require more time for consideration.

An important factor is the financial security of the applicant who is Permanent Resident, which guarantees the cost of relocation and reducing the burden on the U.S. budget. You have to make a separate petition for each relative.