Home » U.S. Immigration News » Visa » Au-Pair in the United States

Au-Pair in the United States

posted in: Visa 0

au pair usaCultural exchange program Au-Pair in the U.S. is one of the best programs on which you can live a year in America, learn English in an American college and get to know the United States within. The responsibilities will include: to help the host family on the farm, with children, a family pays you money every month, as well as provides free accommodation, food, health insurance, paid holiday and college tuition.

In order to participate in the program Au-Pair, you’ll need a non-immigrant J-1 exchange visa, which is designed specially for cultural exchange. Among the main requirements for participation in the program Au-Pair are: the applicant should be between the ages of 18 to 26 years, with no bad habits, unmarried, have experience in childcare, with philological and pedagogical education (education can be both, but certainly associated with children (a pediatrician, child psychologist, etc.). English level should be intermediate and upper-intermediate.

Participation in this program has many advantages, since during a year you get a free stay in a separate room in the house of family, food and health insurance; and a family pays you a salary for personal expenses and pays for your college education where you can learn English language, as well as other items on request. Depending on the length of stay in the family, you have the right for a 2-week vacation.

To start the program Au-Pair, the first thing you need is to enroll in the program and to do it so as soon as possible in order to have time for preparing documents, to communicate with the host families and choose a family in which you want to spend your year as an Au-Pair. Then you need to prepare a full package of documents for J-1 visa. At this stage, you get acquainted with an American host family and confirm your desire to go to the selected family. Then you get by mail all the necessary documents to the Embassy and pay the cost of the program. One of the most important steps is passing the interview at the U.S. Embassy and obtaining a J-1 visa. The most common questions can be about purpose of travel, marital status, work experience, etc. Before passing the interview it is important to pre-read the reviews and experiences of other Au-Pairs. Since you successfully pass the interview, you will receive a visa and a plane ticket to America.

To learn more about the process of obtaining the J-1 visa, visit our website http://www.usimmigrationapplication.org/visas/j1-exchange-visa