Home » U.S. Immigration News » U.S. Citizenship » Naturalized U.S. Citizen

Naturalized U.S. Citizen

posted in: U.S. Citizenship 0

Passport AmericanWhat do you need to get Naturalization Process?

In fact, to obtain U.S. citizenship there are many ways different methods to achieve one goal – naturalization. It is with the certificate of naturalization that you can turn to the get American passport.

In addition to the naturalization certificate, you will need to pass a standard package of documents and exam in English, as well as the history and the device of this country. Then the oath of loyalty to America and get a certificate of naturalization. And you are already with a passport.

Before you have the opportunity to become a naturalized citizen of the United States, you must officially become a permanent resident of this country. This is achieved by obtaining a Green Card.


Marriage with a U.S. citizen is one of the most popular ways to obtain citizenship. However, due the fact that the number of fictitious marriages is growing up every year, the American government has created the requirements that need to be met in order to obtain citizenship.

So, you must be more than 18 years old, your partner must be a citizen of the United States for at least three years, you must reside in the country for at least one and a half years and at the same time have a Green Card for at least three years. It is also necessary to know English, to be distinguished by high moral principles, to respect the Constitution of America and don’t have problems with the law.

You may apply for citizenship after a three-year marriage with a partner.

Green Card

Winning a Green Card is only half the process for those who want an American passport. After all, in order to become a citizen of the United States, you need to be of age and have a green card for at least five years.

In the territory of the country you will need to leave at least two and a half years, and on the territory of the state where you apply – at least three months. And, of course, do not forget about knowing English.

Military service

If you are a soldier of the American army, you can safely apply for citizenship.

If you have served in a peacetime for at least a year, before that you lived continuously in the States for five years, you know English, the economy and the history of the country, an American passport is almost in your pocket. The only thing you have to do is stay in the country for the whole period of naturalization.

If you have served in the army during hostilities, you can apply for citizenship from the first day of service or use this advantage to accelerate naturalization.

If the parents were not born in America, the child can obtain citizenship on one of these conditions:

  • Both parents are married; the citizens of America and at least one of them lived in the country before the child was born.
  • Both parents are married. If only one of them is a U.S. citizen, but he was five years in the country until the moment the child was born and the birth of the child was after 14.11.1986.
  • The child can also apply for citizenship if he was born in the period from 23.12.1952 to 14.11.1986. At the same time, his mother was a U.S. citizen and lived in the country for at least a year. Parents are not necessarily married.
  • A child may apply for citizenship if born after 14.11.1986. His parents were not married, but the father was a citizen of the country, at the time of birth and lived in the country for at least 5 years, 2 of which were after his 14th birthday.
  • If the child is a minor, he can obtain citizenship if he lives in the United States, was born after 27.12.2001, and at least one of the parents has a Green Card or citizenship.

You can apply for a work visa if you have a high enough qualification or you cooperate with religious organizations. There are several types of work visas, they enable you to apply for a green card, after which you can obtain citizenship. What’s nice, these issues are often dealt with by corporate lawyers who know how to draw up such documents. True, there is a limit: no more than 140,000 such visas are issued, per year.