Home » U.S. Immigration News » Visa » USA Student Visa

USA Student Visa

Study in the United States is a great way to build a successful career. And for trip to study you have to get USA student visa.

Visa category F-1

This is the most common type of student visa. If you wish to complete academic studies at an accredited US educational institution, for example, an accredited college or university, a private high school, or you want to study English as part of an approved program, you need an F-1 visa. An F-1 visa is also needed in cases where training takes more than 18 hours a week.

Visa category M-1

If you are planning to do non-academic or vocational training in the United States, you need  M-1 visa.

Educational programs requiring student visa:

  • Getting secondary and higher education in US colleges and universities;
  • Training in various English language courses for youth and adults;
  • Preparation programs for passing international and professional exams;
  • Preparatory programs for training in American schools and colleges;
  • Training for Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.

Required documents for obtaining US student visa:

  • Electronic visa application form;
  • Valid passport for the US;
  • Photo (5 × 5 cm) taken in the last six months;
  • Receipt of payment of the consular fee;
  • Approved Form I-20 from an educational institution or from the administration of educational program in the United States;
  • SEVIS fee payment receipt;
  • Extracting grades from a US university that confirms that applicant is a full-time student;
  • Letter with invitation to interview.

Attention! Persons who have A, E, F-2, G, H-4, J-2, L-2, M-2 visa categories and other non-immigrant visas derived can be entered in public elementary and secondary schools.