Home » U.S. Immigration News » Visa » Scholarships for women in the United States (AAUW)

Scholarships for women in the United States (AAUW)

posted in: Visa 0

scholarship for women

Every year the American Association of University Women (AAUW) grants the master’s, doctoral or post-graduate scholarships for women – female students of graduate, post-graduate or doctoral studies, who are not citizens, or permanent residents of the United States.

This year, the candidates can submit an online application form for the scholarship up to 1 December 2016. The program involves all areas of study and research programs offered at accredited U.S. universities. The extension of the master scholarships for the second year is possible. Preference is given to women who are trying to improve the situation of women and girls through civic, social and professional activities. Several scholarships are available to women who conduct research outside the United States (but not in the home country), these women should be the members of the Graduate Women International.

Among the main requirements for participants are:

  • Participant must be a woman who is not a U.S. citizen. The woman, who lives in the United States, may participate in the program, if she has a non-immigrant visa (B-2 visa, H-1B visa, C-1 visa, J-1 visa, etc.). Women who have dual citizenship (U.S. and other countries), can not be candidates for the scholarship.
  • Applicants must obtain a bachelor’s degree (in the U.S. or in another country) until 30 September 2016.
  • Fluency in English and intention to return to her native country to continue the career.
  • Applications are accepted from August 1 to December 1 each year.


Below is the contact information:

1111 Sixteenth St. NW Washington, DC 20036




For more information about the process of obtaining a non-immigrant visa in the U.S., please visit   http://www.usimmigrationapplication.org/visas