Home » U.S. Immigration News » Visa » Getting married an American

Getting married an American

posted in: Visa 0

getting married an american

There exists a lot of stories about the marriages of the Russian women with the Americans, some of them have a positive connotation, some end up in tears, because it is very difficult to find that “one and only”, especially from another part of the world. After all, as you know, for love there are no restrictions of the age, the distance, the nationality etc. If love is real, and the relationship is good, then age and nationality become secondary. It seems sensible to judge by the same standards as any other romantic relationship. Does the person make you happy and treat you well? These are the issues that really matter.

A Russian girl from Vladivostok found her happiness across the ocean and moved to live to the United States. A marriage agency helped her. This is her story. “It was like this: January 9, 2005 the message from a young man came to my e-mail, I looked at that and read his profile, I thought that it would be possible to meet him. And what was my surprise when the next day he wrote me a letter. I was extremely surprised by such a coincidence! First, we were both cautious and kept the distance. A few days later he called me and we were talking for a long time, more than two hours. He was calling me every day, we have been talking a lot by phone. I was surprised by how much we have in common. We have even birthdays very close; he is 4 years older than me. At age 14, he immigrated to Canada, now more than 3 years he lives and works in the United States. After we met, he immediately removed his profile from the site. Then he came to me to Vladivostok. I rented an apartment for him here, he spent a month. I remember very well how I met him at the airport, while we were driving from the airport he always hold my hand and it was the first time when I really felt his attitude towards me. For me, it was all very strange and surprising, because we see each other for the first time, and at the same time we seemed to have known each other all our lives. I did not stop to wonder how he treated me, carefully, with some tenderness and love. He did not take his eyes off me. He helped me in everything; he completely won my heart. August 16, 2005 we had a wedding in Fiji. We are madly in love with each other and continually thank God for the wonderful meeting. “

In order to move to the United States and marry an American, the girl applied for the K-1 Fiancée Visa, which gave her the opportunity to enter the U.S. for 90 days to get married. The process to obtain this visa is divided in 2 parts: The Petition and The Visa application. The petition along with the appropriate fees can be filed using Form I-129F with the USCIS Service Center serving the area of residence of the U.S. citizen in the United States and then once the petition is approved the foreign national Fiancée should visit the nearest U.S. consulate to his place of residency to apply for the Fiancée visa. This was followed by the issue of obtaining U.S. Green Card through marriage that gave the girl the right to live and work in the U.S. Married couples with one American citizen and one non-American citizen in general have the right to apply for a green card for the non-American citizen to have the married couple living together in the United States of America. In most cases if the alien spouse has underage and unmarried children they are also eligible to apply for a green card as step children through their American Citizen step parent. The applicant has to submit support documentation to prove that he/she is eligible to apply for a green card though marriage. In terms of the application the American citizen will be sponsoring by filing a petition for his foreign national wife or husband. Once the petition for an immigrant visa is approved then there are many other steps in the process including apply for the actual immigrant visa at a U.S. consulate abroad, or if the foreign spouse is present inside the U.S. then it is possible to adjust status to change from a non-immigrant visa into an immigrant visa.

 All this is possible if you do not make a mistake with the choice of life companion, love and most importantly trust.

To learn more about the process of obtaining a K-1 visa, Green Card through marriage, visit our website http://www.usimmigrationapplication.org/visas/k1-fiancee-visa