» » » Conditional Green Card

Conditional Green Card

posted in: Green Card 0

Green card and conditionals

If have obtained your green card, or residence permit in the United States, as a result of marriage with U.S. citizen, then a conditional is imposed on the green card, and the status of conditional permanent resident (CR1 / CR2) is assigned. The same status is assigned to emigrants or investors EB-1.

Underage children of green card holders also get conditional permanent residence of the United States.

The conditional green card usually valid for two years.New Creen Card
Conditional permanent residence of the United States have the same rights and duties as permanent residents. Conditional green card holders must submit to the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service) form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence for two years from the moment they receive this status.

These form should be submitted within 90 days of the expiration of two-year period from the obtaining date the status of conditional permanent resident in United States. If this is not done, then you can lose your immigration status

To remove the conditionals from your green card, obtained on the basis of marriage with U.S. citizen, the form I-751should be filed by the couple together. However, if the marriage has disintegrated, the spouse has died, or you have been the victim of violence by the spouse, you can apply form I-751 by yourself. In this case, it can be done at any time after obtaining the status of conditional permanent resident.

After submitting the forms, USCIS sends the notice of extension your status of the conditional permanent resident of the United States for up to 12 months. During this time will be considered, the application for the withdrawal of the conditionals. In case of successful decision, the status of permanent resident in the United States is assigned, and the green card is issued for 10 years period.